Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Sarcoidosis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- What parts of my body are affected by sarcoidosis?
- What medications should I take and how do they work?
- What side effects could I expect from my medications?
- How will we follow up to see if my sarcoidosis is responding to treatment?
- How long should I take my medicine before we decide whether it’s working or if I need a different medicine?
- What should I look for as a sign that I am improving or getting worse?
- What is the best way to get in touch with you if I need to tell you about new problems before the next appointment?
- How will you communicate with other doctors who are treating my sarcoidosis?
- How might this disease affect my quality of life?
- Will sarcoidosis prevent me from working?
Some of these questions will not apply to all people with sarcoidosis. Some are hard to answer in one visit and may take more time to answer. A good working relationship with a doctor who understands your disease is the beginning of finding solutions to living with sarcoidosis and keeping or returning to the lifestyle you enjoy.
Advice for Living with SarcoidosisLearn more
Understanding Your Lung Health: SarcoidosisDownload
Page Last Updated: April 30, 2019
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.