Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD)
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Could I have PCD?
- Why do you think I could have PCD?
- Do I need special tests for PCD?
- What do I need to do to keep myself as healthy as possible for as long as possible, especially my lungs?
- I've heard a lot about "airway clearance" - can you explain that a little more?
- Do I have any infections that might need treatment?
- Do I need, or will I need, intravenous (drip) antibiotics?
- Will I need a lung transplant at any stage?
- How about having children? Will I be able? Will they have PCD?
- Do I need to take any special precautions to stay healthy?
Last updated April 5, 2018.
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.