Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Pneumoconiosis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Did exposure to a dust affect my lungs? What kinds of dusts may have caused a problem, and how can I avoid them?
- Am I at risk for pneumoconiosis? Do my job and work environment put me at risk?
- If I am at risk for pneumoconiosis, what kind of testing should I have?
- What symptoms should I look for if I am worried about pneumoconiosis?
- If I have pneumoconiosis, how often do I need to come to the doctor?
- How often do I need to have breathing tests or chest X-rays?
- Should I use oxygen?
- How will having pneumoconiosis affect my life expectancy?
- Should I have a pneumonia vaccine and a flu shot? When and where can I get these vaccines?
- What kind of exercise could I do to help me get or stay in shape?
- Would pulmonary rehabilitation be a good idea for me?
- Am I at a healthy weight? What is a healthy weight for me?
- How can I stop smoking? What treatments or support are available to me?
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.