Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Pertussis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor. Questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- Could my child's cough be pertussis, or whooping cough?
- If pertussis/whooping cough, is suspected, how much longer will the cough last?
- What are the symptoms or changes in symptoms I should notify the doctor of?
- When should I take my child to the emergency room?
- Am I/Is my child still contagious? If so, when will I/my child no longer be contagious?
- What treatments are recommended?
- What precautions should household members or other contacts take?
- If you are pregnant or someone in your family or household is pregnant, talk to your doctor about whether you should have a Tdab booster.
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018