Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Pertussis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor. Questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- Could my child's cough be pertussis, or whooping cough?
- If pertussis/whooping cough, is suspected, how much longer will the cough last?
- What are the symptoms or changes in symptoms I should notify the doctor of?
- When should I take my child to the emergency room?
- Am I/Is my child still contagious? If so, when will I/my child no longer be contagious?
- What treatments are recommended?
- What precautions should household members or other contacts take?
- If you are pregnant or someone in your family or household is pregnant, talk to your doctor about whether you should have a Tdab booster.
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.