Questions to Ask Your Doctor About NTM Pulmonary Disease
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Which strain of NTM do I have?
- What will happen if I am not treated for the infection?
- If treated, what drugs will I take and for how long?
- What are the potential side effects of treatment? How will you monitor me?
- Should I have surgery to remove the infected part of my lung?
- What is my chance of cure?
- Can I get infected again? If so, how can I prevent getting infected again?
- Am I contagious?
- Besides taking antibiotics, what other treatments can I take to improve my symptoms?
Last updated April 4, 2018.
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.