Latest Lung Cancer News
Top Stories and Press Releases
- Omnibus Appropriations Bill Boosts Lung Health Priorities
December 18, 2015
- LUNG FORCE Giving Day Aims to Raise Funds for Critical Lung Cancer Research
November 17, 2015
- National Plan to Fight the Second-leading Cause of Lung Cancer Announced
November 11, 2015
- Grammy Award-winning Singer Patti LaBelle Teams Up with American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE to Educate the Public about Lung Cancer
November 4, 2015
- Patti LaBelle, la cantante ganadora del premio Grammy, se asocia a LUNG FORCE de la American Lung Association para educar al público acerca del cáncer de pulmón
November 4, 2015
- State Medicaid Programs Can and Must Do More to Help Smokers Quit
October 29, 2015
- American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE Aims to Defeat Lung Cancer with Promising Research
October 28, 2015
- American Lung Association Funds $6.49 Million in Lung Health Research, Releases Research Awards Nationwide Report
October 26, 2015
- American Lung Association to Intervene in Litigation to Support Clean Power Plan, Protect Health
October 23, 2015
- American Lung Association Responds to FTC Plan to Track E-Cigarette Sales, Marketing Activities
October 19, 2015
Climate Change and Air Quality: How Worsening Wildfires and Heat Waves Affect Lung Health, and What to Do About It
From the more than 20 wildfires currently scorching the western United States to more intense and frequent heat waves, the fingerprint of our changing climate is visible today. And these changes can have dangerous consequences for American families, now and for generations to come.
I Have Cancer. And I Can't Imagine Losing My Healthcare.
Ashley M. shares her story about battling lung cancer and why healthcare coverage is important to her. Read her story and stand with the American Lung Association to tell our Senators to protect American's healthcare.
Entering the World of Lung Cancer Clinical Trials: A Patient's Perspective
LUNG FORCE Hero and American Lung Association Lung Cancer Patient Advisory Group member Karen Loss was diagnosed with stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer in November 2012. Since her diagnosis, she has been on several lung cancer treatments, and has participated in clinical trials.
Supporting Survivors Today and Every Day
Every year on the first Sunday of June, local events are organized throughout the country in support of cancer survivors. National Cancer Survivor Day® is a celebration and rally of support for survivors.
Sharing Our Stories to Shine a Spotlight on the Realities of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer has very few symptoms early on, which is one reason why the disease is so deadly. It is often found by chance. And even though lung cancer is the leading cancer killer, awareness remains critically low.
Why I Joined LUNG FORCE
Five years after losing her mother to lung cancer, LUNG FORCE Hero Heather P. shares her story with the hope of raising awareness, encouraging others and, someday, finding a cure.
Support from Day One
To say receiving a lung cancer diagnosis is overwhelming is an understatement. The day you hear those words, your life changes forever. Once you've had a moment to process the diagnosis, it is natural to think "Now what?"
Consider Clinical Trials for Lung Cancer
When it was time for Diane Legg to begin treatment for recurrent lung cancer, she asked her doctor about clinical trials.
Why Lung Cancer Screening Isn't for Never Smokers
Have you wondered about taking a lung cancer test? Lung cancer screening isn't for everyone. Read more to learn about why you might not want to take the lung cancer test.
Advocacy Day 2017: Together We Stand- Our Fight Against Lung Cancer
Nearly three years ago, the American Lung Association formed LUNG FORCE with the goal of uniting the nation against lung cancer, the leading cancer killer of both women and men in the U.S. Together, we are making lung cancer a cause people care about, driving policy change and increasing research funding.
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.