When To Call Your Doctor
You should talk to your doctor about any and all symptoms and side effects of lung cancer treatment that you experience.
If you have any of the following lung cancer treatment side effects, call your doctor right away!
- Black or bloody bowel movements
- Bleeding from your nose or gums
- Blurred vision
- Bruising without injury
- Chest pain or tightness
- Constipation that lasts more than three days
- Diarrhea that lasts more than one day
- Intense fatigue
- Pain while urinating
- Pain, redness, swelling or pus at the surgical site
- Pink or red urine
- Pounding or rapidly beating heart
- Progressive weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Severe depression or anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Vomiting and not able to keep down fluids
- Worsened skin reaction
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel. Last reviewed November 13, 2017.
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.