Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Have there been cases of hantavirus infections reported near my home or work environment?
- What are the common surroundings that are prone to rodent exposure (alleys, dark closed rooms, shrubs farm spaces)?
- Can pet mice and squirrels be infected?
- What are the most common HPS symptoms that should alarm me to seek evaluation and treatment?
- How many days does it take for symptoms of infection to become evident?
- How can I prevent infection?
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.