Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Byssinosis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through an appointment with your doctor.
The following questions should be asked to optimally manage byssinosis.
- Is the diagnosis confirmed or is there some other disease present such as asthma or COPD?
- What about my job puts me at risk of having byssinosis?
- Should I quit my job?
- How do I determine if I am eligible for disability benefits?
- How often should the prescribed medications be used?
- What ongoing tests will I need?
- What kind of exercise should I do?
Page Last Updated: July 29, 2019
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.