Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Bronchiectasis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Why did I develop this problem?
- Am I contagious?
- How often should I provide a sample of mucus for culture at the laboratory?
- What are the signs and symptoms of an exacerbation?
- What should I do when I experience an exacerbation?
- Is there anything I can do to prevent an exacerbation?
- What if the medications you prescribe for me don’t help me feel better, even though I take them as directed?
- Should I take an over-the-counter cough and cold product?
- Can you recommend anything that can help me with the emotional toll of having lung disease?
Page Last Updated: March 16, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.