Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Coverage Project Materials
Through the Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Coverage Project, the American Lung Association tracks coverage and related barriers in seven different areas of asthma care, including quick relief medications, controller medications, devices, allergy testing, allergen immunotherapy, home visits and interventions, and self-management education. This project is based on the recommendations in the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP) Guidelines. The following materials provide a further look into the NAEPP Guidelines and the Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Coverage Project.
- Factsheet: Importance of Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Project
- Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Coverage Project Data Collection Process
- Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Coverage Project Benchmark Document
The Lung Association has also created additional resources for stakeholders to learn about guidelines-based asthma care coverage in Medicaid and promote collaboration between public health professionals and state Medicaid programs, Medicaid managed care organizations, and other stakeholders to address gaps in guidelines-based asthma care coverage.
- How to Discuss the Return on Investment of Guidelines-Based Asthma Care Coverage
- How to Find Asthma Care Coverage Information for a Medicaid Plan
- Barriers to Asthma Guidelines-Based Care Coverage
- Medicaid Managed Care and Asthma: A Primer
- Asthma Self-Management Education: 10 State Analysis of Providers, Services and Settings
- Advancing Guidelines-Based Asthma Care: Collaboration with State Medicaid Programs
Page Last Updated: July 22, 2019
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.