Cindy B : CT
My father, a non-smoker, passed from lung cancer nearly five years ago. He was diagnosed after he developed a cough treated for a few months as pneumonia. The cancer was spotted a few years earlier at an ER visit, but the results were never passed along. He worked in a boat yard for many years, and that is what we suspect to be the cause. I recently acquired adult-onset asthma from mold exposure in my workplace, and am on daily inhalers and will be lifelong. Lung issues don't just happen to smokers. The environment we live and work in play a big part in lung health.
First Published: 10/29/2013 12:52:00 PM