Tobacco Use and Recovery among Individuals with Mental Illness or Addiction
For ND Human Service Centers and their community partners
Presented by: Dr. Jill Williams
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Division of Addiction Psychiatry
- Prevalence of tobacco use among mental health and substance use consumers
- Understanding tobacco addiction in the context of behavioral health
- Incorporating assessment of tobacco dependence into clinical practice
- Using motivational assessments and psychosocial treatments
- Pharmacologic treatments
- Policy, systems, environmental changes to support tobacco recovery
Cost: FREE | Click the link to the session you'd like to attend below to register
Time: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
FREE Continuing Education for ND professionals
- Social Work | 5 hours pending
- Licensed Addiction Counselors | 5 hours
- Professional Counselors | 5 hours
- Psychologists | 5 hours
- Nurse | 5 Contact Hours pending
Expanded training date: May 9-10, 2017 in Bismarck - This expanded 2-day training is an option if the date is more convenient for staffing or you want more extensive training. Learn more and register for this 2-day training here.
Questions: [email protected] or call Reba at 701-354-9719
8:00 – 8:10 a.m. | Gather, Registration
8:10 – 8:15 a.m. | Opening remarks
8:15 – 9:15 a.m. | Prevalence of tobacco use among mental health and substance use consumers | Neurobiology of tobacco use
9:15 – 10:15 a.m. | Incorporating assessment of tobacco dependence into clinical practice
10:15 – 10:30 a.m. | Break
10:30 – 11:30 a.m. | Using motivational assessments to guide treatment & psychosocial treatments
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. | Pharmacologic treatments
1:30 pm – 2:30 p.m. | Treatment planning discussion & exercises; working with lower motivated users
To register, please use the links above under Session Options.
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.