Thank you! You made the difference in making 2017 an impactful year for our Mountain Pacific states. Here are just a few of our highlights:
- Our LUNG FORCE Walk went to the 'wild side' at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle to build awareness and engagement in the fight against lung cancer.
- Advocacy work continued in Alaska to create smokefree workplaces for all Alaskans.
- We took a leap forward in saving lives and improving health in Oregon by passing legislation raising the age to purchase tobacco products to 21.
- You climbed stairs, rode bikes and walked to raise money to support our work. The programs you fund, including Asthma Basics, Better Breathers Clubs, Freedom from Smoking and the Lung Helpline, improve the health of our communities.
- We provided tobacco prevention education to over 15,000 Idaho youth, many of whom live in rural areas.
- Air filters were delivered to schools across Montana to reduce the impact of poor air quality caused by wildfires.
- Students across Hawaii are breathing easier thanks to our Open Airways for Schools asthma classes.
On behalf of our dedicated staff and volunteer leadership, thank you!
- Allison Hickey
- Mike Fenello
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.