Northeast Medical & Scientific Branch - Membership
Through membership of the Medical & Scientific Branch you will receive e-news and web updates from the American Lung Association including:
- Access to CE accredited medical education, Professional training and event listings
- Links to research information and funding opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Facilitator updates and resources
- Information about how you can use your professional influence to support the American Lung Association's advocacy programs and public policy work
- Access to professional speaking opportunities
- Career news and updates
Membership is currently FREE and is open to all healthcare professionals in New England.
Who should join?
The following health professionals should consider membership of the Medical & Scientific Branch as an essential part of their professional toolkit:
- Respiratory Therapists
- Sleep Specialists
- Certified Asthma Educators
- COPD Educators
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellows
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Tobacco Treatment Specialists
- Pulmonary Rehab Specialists
- Better Breathers Club Facilitators
- Freedom from Smoking Facilitators
- Primary Care Physicians
- Physician Assistants and PA Students
- Thoracic Surgeons
- Research Scientists
- Medical and Nursing Students
In addition to joining the Medical & Scientific Branch you can also join one or more of the specialist sections to receive customized information designed to meet your own professional needs:
- MPS - Massachusetts Pulmonary Section (formerly Massachusetts Thoracic Society)
- CPS - Connecticut Pulmonary Section (formerly Connecticut Thoracic Society)
- Northern New England Pulmonary Section (Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont)
- Asthma Educator Section (for AE-Cs or those having undergone AEI training)
- COPD Educator Section (for those having undergone COPD Educator Institute training)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Practitioner Section
- Tobacco Treatment/Smoking Cessation Section
- Sleep Section
Contact us for membership queries, to update your contact details or cancel your membership.
Page Last Updated: November 30, 2015
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.