CPS2021 – The Connecticut Pulmonary Section Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions will take place on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 from 1:00 to 5:30 and is a virtual conference.
The CPS meeting (formerly CTS) is held each year in the fall for all health care professionals interested in respiratory disease, critical care and sleep medicine. The educational presentations provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about new developments and significant issues which affect the care of patients with respiratory disease.
Who Should Attend the Annual Meeting?
- Respiratory Therapists
- Sleep Specialists
- Certified Asthma Educators
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellows
- Physician Assistants and PA Students
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Pulmonary Rehab Specialists
- Primary Care Physicians
- Thoracic Surgeons
- Research Scientists
- Medical and Nursing Students
1:00 p.m. Registration & Exhibition Viewing
1:30 p.m. Welcome
1:45 p.m. Lung Disease in Appalachia: It’s More Than Coal Dust That’s Driving Disparities
Drew A. Harris, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine; Co-Director of the Pulmonary Allergy Collaborative Clinic; University of Virginia; Medical Director of the Black Lung Program, Stone Mountain Health Services
Margaret Tomann, MSPH, Black Lung Program Director, Stone Mountain Health Services
2:30 p.m. Sleep Telemedicine: The Genie Now Out of the Bottle
Barry G. Fields, M.D., M.S.Ed., Associate Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine; Program Director, Emory Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program; Sleep Physician, Atlanta VA Medical Center
3:15 p.m. Exhibition Viewing/Break
3:30 p.m. POST COVID-19: Caring for Patients with Long-Term Symptoms
Albert Rizzo, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, American Lung Association; Pulmonologist, Christiana Care Health System
Jennifer Possick, M.D., Associate Professor, Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Yale School of Medicine; Medical Director, Winchester Chest Clinic, Yale-New Haven Hospital
Denyse Lutchmansingh, M.D., Assistant Professor, Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Yale School of Medicine; Associate Director, Winchester Chest Clinic
4:30 p.m. Exhibition Viewing/Break
4:45 p.m. Critical Care Case Session
Moderated by Ian D. Weir D.O., F.A.A.S.M., Program Director, Norwalk Hospital/Yale University Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship; Program Director, Norwalk Hospital Sleep Medicine Fellowship; ABIM Board Certified in Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine; Clinical Instructor, Yale University School of Medicine; Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Vermont Medical School
5:30 p.m. Closing Remarks
* Talks, speakers and schedule are provided as a guide, and the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the final agenda where necessary.
The standard registration fee for the meeting (e.g. for MDs/DOs) is $100. A discounted rate of $75 is available for respiratory therapists and nurses, and $25 for fellows and full-time students.
The pre-registration deadline is Friday, February 26, 2021. After that date on-site registration may be possible - subject to availability.
- Access to all meeting sessions and exhibit area
- Electronic meeting booklet
- Annual Membership of the Connecticut Pulmonary Section - keep up to date with news and resources for health professionals.
Registration fees are payable strictly in advance of the meeting. Registration fees are strictly non-refundable in the case of cancellation, but substitutions can be made in advance of the event by sending details to [email protected]
Accreditation for Physicians
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Ochsner Clinic Foundation and the Connecticut Pulmonary Section Annual and Scientific Session. The Ochsner Clinic Foundation is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Ochsner Clinic Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation for Respiratory Therapist
An application will be made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for contact hours for respiratory therapists.
Requirements for Successful Completion
To receive continuing education credit, participants must sign-in on on to the virtual platform to verify participation. An evaluation form and accreditation cover sheet must be completed. Certificates of credit will be issued approximately six weeks after the activity.
The meeting provides an excellent opportunity for attendees to network with colleagues and visit vendor exhibits to discover important information about the innovative products and services available to them and their practices.
We welcome companies to join us at the event to meet up with existing contacts and build new relationships with a large, vibrant and diverse multidisciplinary audience.
Please contact Michelle Caul at [email protected] if you are interested in exhibiting.
CPS2021 Annual Meeting Planning Committee
- Janet Hilbert, M.D., Yale School of Medicine (Chair and Course Director)
- Kristina Dzwonchyk, RRT, CPFT Hospital for Special Care, Respiratory Therapist
- Kerry McNiven, M.S., RRT Manchester Community College, Respiratory Care Program, Respiratory Therapist/ Educator
- Robert McDonald, M.D., FCCP Waterbury Pulmonary Associates, Pulmonologist
- Naseema Merchant, FCCP, FACP, FHM, MBBS VA CT Health Care System/Yale School of Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Maureen Parmelee, M.S., RRT, CPFT St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Respiratory Therapist/ Director of Respiratory Care Services
- Asher Qureshi, M.D. Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Jane Reardon, MSN, APRN Saint Francis Hospital and Hartford Hospital, Pulmonary Medicine
- Robyn Scatena, M.D. Norwalk Hospital, Critical Care Medicine
- Lauren Tobias, M.D. Yale School of Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Ian Weir, D.O. Norwalk Hospital, Pulmonologist/Sleep Specialist
Contact us for further information about the meeting, membership or exhibition opportunities.
Page last updated: March 17, 2021