From Your Local Lung Association
Medical research is a cornerstone of our mission to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. Every hypothesis, every trial, and every breakthrough is a promise that soon we discover something that eases the burden and ultimately restores health to patients with asthma, COPD, lung cancer, and more.
Meet the Researchers of the American Lung Association of the Midland States:
- Yutaka Maeda, DVM, PhD - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
Biomedical Research Grant - Eradicating Every Last Lung Cancer Cell
- Bradley Winston Richmond, MD - Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Senior Research Training Fellowship - Infections Could Play Role in Smokers’ Development of COPD
- Sameek Roychowdhury, PhD, MD - The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Lung Cancer Discovery - Identifying Gene Mutations in Lung Cancer That Can Be Attacked With Smart Drugs
- Amali Samarasinghe, PhD - The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
Biomedical Research Grant - Molecules Found in Allergic Airways May Protect Against Influenza
- Andreas Schwingshackl, MD, PhD - The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
Biomedical Research Grant - Identifying New Targets to Treat Acute Lung Injury
- Mohammed Shatat, MD - Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
Biomedical Research Grant - Molecule Could Play Role in Improving Treatment of PAH
- Airways Clinical Research Center - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.