The Colorado Asthma Coalition (CAC) is a consortium of healthcare professionals and community members committed to working together as a major force in improving the lives and quality of care of Coloradans living with asthma. The coalition exists solely for this mission and is not bound by any specific project or entity.
Beginning with the Asthma Summit in October 2000, the Colorado Asthma Coalition has envisioned serving as a catalyst to develop public education strategies, policies, and an advocacy agenda for asthma. In 2009, the Colorado Asthma Coalition led the process of revising the state Asthma Plan.
The Colorado Asthma Coalition, under the administration of the American Lung Association in Colorado, utilizes an Advisory Steering Committee and the 100+ statewide stakeholders to implement the strategies outlined in the Colorado State Asthma Plan. The state plan addresses the following goal areas:
- Public Education and Awareness
- Healthcare Provider Best Practices
- School Health and Childcare
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Improved Access to Healthcare
- Cindy Liverance, CAC Administrator, VP of Programs-American Lung Association in Colorado
- Chair - Ryan Lowe, PharmD, AE-C, Asthma Clinical Specialist, Kaiser Permanente
Interested in learning more about CAC? Contact us!
Page last updated: March 6, 2020