AEI focuses on the six priority action steps to asthma management:
- Use inhaled corticosteroids to control asthma
- Use written asthma action plans to guide patient self-management
- Assess asthma severity at the initial visit to determine initial treatment
- Assess and monitor asthma control and adjust treatment if needed
- Schedule follow-up visits at periodic intervals
- Control environmental exposures that worsen the patient’s asthma
The following heath care providers are highly recommended to take this course:
- Respiratory Therapists
- Masters Prepared or C.H.E.S. Health Educators
- AE-C's preparing for recertification
For registration inquiries, sponsorship opportunities, or for more information, contact Terry Roberts at 909-321-3290 or [email protected]
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.