Lung Cancer Screening, Patient Care Highlights of LUNG FORCE Expo Iowa
(April 12, 2018) -
For more information please contact:
The full agenda of speakers for the American Lung Association’s 2018 LUNG FORCE Expo was released today.
This year’s LUNG FORCE Expo, set for May 9 in West Des Moines, IA., is designed as a continuing education opportunity for healthcare professionals as well as a day of learning for adults living with lung disease and their loved ones. This event will feature a full day of presentations about the latest trends, resources and research surrounding lung cancer and other lung diseases.
The LUNG FORCE Expo includes a professional track for nurses, respiratory therapists and other lung health professionals. This day will offer 7 CE’s. A few highlights of the professional program include:
- Keynote speaker Brad Whipple from The Iowa Clinic will present on advanced care planning as part of patient centered care.
- Dr. Daniel Buroker, Dr. Rolando Sanchez, and Dr. Dustin McCann will present on lung cancer during the afternoon breakout sessions.
- Dr. Spyridon Fortis, Dr. Alicia Gerke, and Dr. Jennifer Petts will speak on Asthma, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, and allergies during the afternoon breakout sessions.
The LUNG FORCE Expo patients/caregivers program educates patients living with lung disease and their caregivers about tools to stay connected and become advocates for their own healthcare. Highlights of the patients/caregivers program include:
- Managing and maximizing sleep
- Ways to improve indoor air quality
- Leading lung health experts will be featured on an “Ask the Expert” panel to speak on COPD, Pulmonary Hypertension, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Tobacco Cessation, Caregiver self-care, and more!
The full agenda is available on the LUNG FORCE Expo website.
Healthcare professionals as well as patients living with lung disease or lung cancer are invited to attend the event on Wednesday, May 9th. Registration is now open. To learn more and to register visit the LUNG FORCE Expo website or call 515-309-9507.
About the American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy. The work of the American Lung Association is focused on four strategic imperatives: to defeat lung cancer; to improve the air we breathe; to reduce the burden of lung disease on individuals and their families; and to eliminate tobacco use and tobacco-related diseases. For more information about the American Lung Association, a holder of the coveted 4-star rating from Charity Navigator and a Gold-Level GuideStar Member, or to support the work it does, call 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872) or visit: Lung.org.
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.