Welcome to the Better Breathers Club Facilitator Resource Center! Below are a number of resources to support your Better Breathers Club.
If you need additional support, please contact your local Better Breathers Club representative or send an email to [email protected].
- Better Breathers Club Facilitator Guide
- Annual Calendar Form
- Sample Calendar Form
- Meeting Agenda Form
- Meeting Attendance Form
- Meeting Evaluation Form
- Meeting Plan Checklist
- Resource Center Login Instructions
- New Member Information Form
- Better Breathers Network One Pager
- A Guide and Checklist for Facilitators Resuming In-person Better Breathers Club meetings
Meeting the Needs of BBC Members with Pulmonary Fibrosis Webinar
The "Meeting the Needs of BBC Members with Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF) or Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)," webinar discusses information about PF/IPF, strategies to recruit patients living with PF/IPF into clubs, learn about strategies to provide a valuable experience for PF/IPF patients during the meetings.
Sarcoidosis: What you need to know
Listen to expert pulmonologist and a patient with Sarcoidosis discuss "Sarcoidosis: What you need to know" to better understand how Sarcoidosis affects your body, be able to identify treatment options available to control symptoms, prevent complications and improve health outcomes.
Better Breathers Club Meeting Modules
- Understanding the Respiratory System and Lung Disease Webinar
- Lung Disease Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
Lung Disease Resources
- Sarcoidosis One Pager
- Have You Been Diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis?
- Chronic Cough
- BBC Spanish One Pager
- ALA Lung HelpLine
- Traveling with Oxygen
- How Can Oxygen Therapy Help Me?
- Staying Active with Lung Disease
- Getting Ready for Your Next Office Visit
- Member Education Videos
- 10 Tips to Prepare for a Natural Disaster
- Palliative Care Worksheet
- Medication Tracker
- Warning Signs of Lung Disease
Tobacco Control Resources
- Living with Lung Disease and Benefits of Quitting Smoking
- Freedom From Smoking - Components of a Cigarette
- E-Cigarettes Health Risk Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- Freedom From Smoking - Health Effects
- Impact of E-Cigarettes on the Lungs
Lung Cancer Resources
- Saved by the Scan Screening (Lung Cancer Risk Quiz)
- Lung Cancer Treatment Options (videos and worksheets)
- Treatment Decision-Making Worksheet and Plan (worksheet)
- Lung Cancer Biomarker Testing (video)
- Radiation Worksheet
- Chemotherapy Worksheet
- Lung Cancer Screening Infographic
- Palliative Care Worksheet
The American Lung Association has customizable marketing materials available to promote Better Breathers Clubs through a variety of channels. These include print ads, press releases, and e-newsletter articles. Below are a few tools to get you started. Contact your local Lung Association office or [email protected] for questions.
Member Recruitment & Retention: One Pager, Rackcard, Social Media Posts and Images, Newsletter Templates, Editable Flier and Postcard, and Greeting Cards.
Marketing your Better Breathers Club (recorded webinar)
This presentation will help BBC Certified Facilitators market their Better Breathers Club, review the marketing materials that are available and how to use them.
Resources from our Publisher StayWell
Many BBC members also welcome the opportunity to get involved with education and advocacy, especially if they see it as giving back to their community, or preventing others from suffering from lung disease as they have. The American Lung Association has a wide range of program and advocacy initiatives that can provide a meaningful experience for your members, from joining the Lung Action Network, to becoming a media spokesperson, to helping others quit smoking with Freedom From Smoking®. There might be some opportunities that the whole group decides to take on together, such as a lobbying visit in support of issues like healthy air and access to care. Your Lung Association staff contact would be happy to talk to you about local options, and may be able to present them at an upcoming meeting.
Page last updated: September 21, 2021