Ready to Make a Difference?
Volunteers play a vital role at the American Lung Association. There are many ways to volunteer that are fulfilling and make a real impact. Whatever your interests and skills, we have a volunteer opportunity that's right for you.
Example Volunteer Opportunities
- Advocacy Efforts – Share your story on our website to help raise awareness about the importance of healthy lungs and healthy air.
- Asthma and COPD Programs – Volunteer to teach an Open Airways for Schools class, lead a Better Breathers Club gathering or one of many other local opportunities.
- Share Your Medical Expertise – Physicians and other medical professionals are always welcome to serve on advisory boards and expert panels. Your professional expertise is invaluable.
- Share Your Professional Skills – If it's the right fit, your professional or business skills could be a valuable asset to a local board, leadership team or committee.
- Tobacco Education – Volunteer to facilitate a Freedom From Smoking® program or another tobacco cessation/prevention group.
- Special Events – Volunteers play an integral role at our special events.
- Become a LUNG FORCE Hero to help spread awareness and fight for innovations in medical research, better treatments and earlier detection of lung cancer.
Meet Our Volunteers
Volunteers provide assistance both locally and nationally. Here are some of their stories Learn more about some of our featured volunteers »
Volunteer Sign Up
Whatever your interests and skills, we have a volunteer opportunity that's right for you. Fill out the volunteer sign-up form to learn more »
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.