The American Lung Association Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
Better Breathers Club and Member Resources in Spanish
The American Lung Association Better Breathers Network is a nationwide, online patient support program providing lung disease management tools and virtual support groups. Anyone can join the Better Breathers Network. Signing up for the network is free and will provide you direct access to education, support and connection to others also living with chronic lung disease. Additionally, there are resources to support our Spanish-speaking Better Breathers Club members and their caregivers. From phone and online support tools, to educational videos and self-management action plans, the American Lung Association has numerous assets that have been translated into Spanish. Click HERE to access these resources.
Haga clic AQUI para accesso recursos en Español sobre el salud pulmonar.
Saved By the Scan / Salva Tu Pulmon
“Saved By The Scan” is the only national public service advertising (PSA) campaign to educate Americans about the groundbreaking lung cancer screening for those at high risk for the disease. The low-dose CT scan can detect lung cancer in the early stages, before symptoms arise, when the disease is more curable.
To extend the campaign’s message further and reach Hispanic audiences who may be at risk for lung cancer, the American Lung Association and Ad Council released a Spanish language version of the campaign and screening eligibility quiz, with corresponding website, located at SalvaTuPulmon.org (SavedByTheScan.org in English).
Haga clic AQUI para accesso recursos sobre el examen de pulmón.
- History of Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Asthma decrease trends. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics. National Health Interview Survey, 2001-2017. Harmonized by Minnesota Population Center and State Health Access Data Assistance Center. Integrated Health Interview Series data analyzed by the American Lung Association Research and Program Services Division.)
- Asthma rates among Puerto Ricans (2016-2018 NHIS)
- Hispanic Children Asthma rates
- Menthol smoking rates
- Tobacco Related Cancer Deaths. Tobacco Free Kids.
- 2020 Latino Trailblazers
Page last updated: September 23, 2021