Intern, Radon Program (SPI #1819-39)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Intern, Radon Program to join our incredible team in our Springfield, IL office. Working alongside members of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, the intern will assist the American Lung Association Clean Air staff to execute radon activities to gain experience in the field of environmental health.
- Take Illinois Radon Measurement Course
- Help coordinate radon poster and video contest for Illinois and Iowa
- Help coordinate the radon poster contest for Indiana
- Reach out to schools, hospitals and health departments to promote various radon education programs.
- Assist with radon test kit program
- Assist with radon hotline
- Attend IL radon action month events
- Attend IL stakeholder meetings
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
This is a paid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week (during normal business hours)
- Must be working towards a Master’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Public Health, or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in environmental health or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all paid interns must abstain from tobacco use in any form
Please e-mail you cover letter and resume to (include EXACT title in subject of email):
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.