Development Intern (NE #1819-99)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in our Omaha, NE Office. Working alongside members of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, the intern will assist the American Lung Association in Nebraska staff to execute Fight For Air Corporate Cup activities to gain experience in the field of special event planning.
This is a great opportunity for the intern to enhance their skills in organization, multi-tasking and communications. The intern can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing special event databases and social media platforms.
- Participate in staff meetings and learning opportunities.
- Assist with general administrative support for the Fight For Air Corporate Cup to gain
- exposure to specific events terminology.
- Assist in data entry, tabling promotional events, mailings, event promotion dissemination
- and volunteer recruitment.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to execute a successful Fight For Air
Corporate Cup marketing, recruitment and fundraising plan.
- Gain a basic understanding of Convio, Brandhub, and social media platforms.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications
- Gain technical training by utilizing the special events database (Convio).
- Learn about team building and collaborating with staff.
- Learn how to develop a communications plan for social media platforms, volunteer recruitment and
- climb participant recruitment.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week (flexible schedule) and must be eligible for course credit. This position is for Fall 2019.
Before internship begins, documentation from the school may be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credits.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Relations/Marketing, or related field
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in development, special events, or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please e-mail you cover letter and resume to (include EXACT title in subject of email):
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.