Temporary Coordinator, Health Promotions (AK #2021-29)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Temporary Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Mountain Pacific Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and evaluating lung health programs throughout Alaska and for establishing relationships with local businesses, community leaders, and community partners to further American Lung Association work. This position is grant-funded.
- Work with project manager to coordinate and implement assigned public health programs that focus on lung health and tobacco prevention and control
- Assist in building, maintaining, and cultivating relationships with community partners to build or enhance current coalitions, and provide evidence-based strategies to partners that lead to successful outcomes.
- Provide training and technical assistance to partners on tobacco prevention and control. Help identify communities that don’t have partner presence and still need training and technical assistance.
- Plan and prepare logistics for partner meetings including meeting notices/invitations, meeting agendas, RSVP collection, material preparation and more.
- Help administer learning collaborative/workgroups for partners. Participate in planning, preparing materials, and delivering post-meeting notes.
- Work with grant partners to determine strategies for implementation of program objectives
- Establish relationships with local businesses and community leaders to work towards implementing tobacco and nicotine-free policies
- Coordinate assigned portions of grant and contract activities, including trainings, presentations, health fairs, community health education events, and evaluation activities
- Contribute to the development of grant reports and timelines and develop plans to ensure completion of assigned projects
- Help develop marketing, communication strategies, and material resources for distribution to partners to help achieve goals within their designated programs and projects
- Recruit and train volunteers to enhance program outcomes and grant success
- Actively participate on workgroups and committees, contribute to the preparation of grant reports and work plans, and assist with research on lung health policy and education issues as assigned.
- Receive training in all American Lung Association signature programs and regularly offer these programs to partners and around territory covered.
- Provide outreach, programmatic, and fund development support as assigned for the Clean Air Challenge and other events in Alaska
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public health or related field; grant experience preferred.
- Experience in coalition building and community health development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALA.
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Strategic in developing/maintaining relationships with partner organizations and community members.
- Computer literate; must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V