Specialist, Health Promotions (NV #1920-135)
City: Las Vegas
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion and Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out the mission of the American Lung Association in Nevada. Overall goals focus on influencing policy change toward increased smoke-free environments by providing tobacco education to youth, healthcare professionals, and the community. The successful candidate will complete administrative and logistical duties as assigned and implement program activities to ensure maximum reach. Conduct community outreach efforts, including attending health fairs and wellness events, recruiting and supervising volunteers, and active engagement with community agencies and organizations. This is a grant-funded position.
- Coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, education, etc. and serve as lead for these activities.
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables
- Ensure that program grant reports are submitted in accordance with funding guidelines and deadlines.
- Collect and synthesize data
- Conduct outreach and develop relationships with decision-makers for program implementation.
- Serve as a community resource and referral for community members, coalition members and volunteers needing assistance on various lung health and tobacco projects.
- Address inquiries regarding Signature Programs, including Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, Asthma Basics, Open Airways For Schools, LUNG FORCE Expo, and Lung Helpline.
- Participate as a staff representative with various community organizations
- Track and report relevant community events
- Outreach via Social Media, phone calls, and emails
- Manage Health Promotion inventory (literature/display, lung kits, health fair materials, etc.)
- Recruit, train, coordinate and guide volunteers. Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to cultivate volunteer roster.
- Process all health fair requests and determine which the Association will participate in.
- Assign volunteers to represent ALA at health fairs when appropriate
- Manage Freedom-From-Smoking program and Better Breather Clubs:
- Support the planning and implementation of Lung Force Expo
- Assist in planning and implementation of Smokers Strike Out event.
- Deliver presentations, educating select audiences on ALA Signature Programs and Tobacco Free Living.
- Support national sponsorship goals and assist with fundraising events.
- Identify and submit for new grant funding.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in health program management required.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, as well as experience working in a matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication—written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to learn, be adaptable, and flexible.
- Able to work with minimum direction, organize, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required to accommodate stakeholder requests
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Must be computer proficient.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V