Temporary PT Specialist, Health Promotions (CA #2021-64)
City: Los Angeles
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Temporary PT Specialist, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the California Region. Working as a Health Promotion & Education Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and evaluating lung health programs throughout the greater Los Angeles area as well as implement grant activities to meet deliverables focused on youth access to tobacco products in your assigned territory. This is a part-time temporary position as well as a grant-funded position.
- Work with the project director to develop, implement and evaluate a public health education program that will focus on lung health and reducing youth access to tobacco products.
- Work in local communities to build coalitions, participate in community events, and facilitate educational meetings/presentations to build support of efforts that will reduce youth access to tobacco.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across the greater Los Angeles area, including American Lung Association programs including Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, Asthma Basics, LUNG FORCE Expo, etc. within assigned territory.
- Coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, etc. and serve as lead for these activities.
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Research and implement best practices for reducing youth access to tobacco within priority populations.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Provide support for Los Angeles program and development events, such as lung cancer workshop, LUNG FORCE Walk, Conference, and other related activities.
- Actively participate in coalitions identified in the Los Angeles Program of Work.
- Participate on national American Lung Association program workgroups and committees as requested.
- Provide support for annual report, awards, grants, and other activities assigned.
- Participate in and support community related programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Prior experience in public health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Required to travel periodically for meetings and conferences.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work with non-profit organizations, community members, elected officials, city staff, advocates, public health professionals.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V