Development Coordinator (AZ #1920-40)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Coordinator to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will work together with the special events team and volunteer leadership to coordinate annual fundraising events with all aspects related to sponsorship deliverables, data base management and recruitment correspondence of these events. Responsibilities include achievement of revenue goals through volunteer recruitment, participant coaching, team and relationship building, marketing, and logistics.
- Together with the Executive Director and the Development Manager, implement the area development plan through special events and other revenue sources.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and on-going volunteer management / recognition
- Assist with coordinate planning for fundraising or stewardship events. Recruit, train & supervise event day volunteers.
- Prepare and update reports as required.
- Work together with members of the events team and committee to meet or exceed annual revenue goals.
- Participate in the creation, planning and implementation of new and existing projects.
- Assist in recruiting, coordinating and coaching community event team captains and volunteers.
- Work with the Development team to increase event participation and revenue. Serve as liaison for customer service and troubleshooting for signature events and internal kickoffs.
- Serve as location lead for the development of event websites and content updates, utilizing ALA best practices, software and guidelines.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department to create and disseminate special events promotional materials.
- Coordinate the implementation of e-communications, mailings and donor acknowledgements.
- Oversee the utilization of ALA databases and e-commerce platforms including Convio
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Development Manager and Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, non-profit management, communications or related field preferred.
- Two years of peer to peer fundraising experience
- Two - Four years of fundraising experience preferred with proven experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
- Superb organizational and time management skills with an excellent attention to detail and independent follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills with website communication, social media and database systems including Peer to Peer fundraising programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Convio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights possible
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.