PT Coordinator, Health Promotions (CA #2122-23)
City: San Bernardino or Riverside
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a PT Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the California Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education department, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implement and evaluate lung health programs throughout San Bernardino and surrounding markets as well as implement the San Bernardino/Inland Empire LGBTQ Grant. This is a grant-funded position.
- Assist the project manager to develop, implement and evaluate a public health education program that will focus on lung health awareness and smoke free environments.
- Support coalitions and workgroups and conduct community outreach, host workgroup trainings, and provide other education opportunities pertaining to smoke free environments within the service area.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across San Bernardino, Riverside, and Imperial County area, including American Lung Association programs including Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, Asthma Basics, LUNG FORCE Expo, etc. within assigned territory.
- Work with manager to coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, forums etc. and serve as lead for these activities.
- Help to develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Research and implement best practices for Smoke Free Environment programs and initiatives within priority populations.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Provide support for California program and development events, such as lung cancer workshop, LUNG FORCE Walk, Conference, and other related activities.
- Actively participate in coalitions and workgroups identified in grant Programs of Work.
- Participate on national American Lung Association program workgroups and committees as requested.
- Provide support for annual report, awards, grants, and other activities assigned.
- Participate in and support community related programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field preferred.
- Some experience in public health or related field.
- Experience working in partnership with LGBTQ community strongly preferred.
- Experience in coalition building and community health development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALA.
- Strong project management skills to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Strategic in developing/maintaining relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V