Specialist, Health Promotions (NY #2122-84)
Job Number: NY #2122-84
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and evaluating lung health programs throughout the Finger Lakes Region in New York State. Oversee all aspects of the Youth Engagement program including recruiting, training, and activating youth to partake in activities aimed to create a tobacco-free future by educating communities about the dangers of all tobacco use, including vaping and emerging products. This position is grant-funded.
- Recruit and train a core group of youth leaders to implement education campaign on the effects of retail
- tobacco marketing on youth tobacco use, participate in activities to reduce tobacco imagery and presence in youth-rated movies and on social media.
- Mobilize community and youth-related organizations to support initiatives.
- Develop and engage community members and leaders to educate and advance the initiative.
- Engage youth in events to create awareness and support for initiative.
- Engage youth in educating local leaders and state legislators.
- Hold youth events and work with partners to solicit media attention on tobacco free initiatives.
- Train youth leaders and participate in annual three-day statewide youth summit and all state/regional
- Establish relationships with media sources to increase awareness and build support from the community.
- Achievement of all objectives as stated in work plan.
- Together with community engagement staff, plan and organize required local educational events.
- Together with statewide partners, plan and organize statewide trainings and events including youth participation in Legislative Action Day and youth participation in annual statewide youth summit.
- Participate in and support all area events.
- Serve on ALA’s regional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the association and funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the American Lung Association’s (ALA) data base, monthly management reports, grant reports and program metrics reports.
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the ALA’s mission.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across service territory, including ALA signature programs where applicable.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.