National Manager, Marketing & Communications (IL #2122-05)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Manager, Marketing & Communications to join our incredible team in the Chicago, IL office. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the American Lung Association’s marketing plans and deliverables for grant-funded corporate partner marketing campaigns and mission programs. Serve as the client liaison in partner and agency meetings. Develop and create marketing plans, assets and deliverables to support the larger marketing strategy and campaigns. Responsible for assisting and supporting Video Producer with script development, project management and reviews. Assist supervisor with project management and content development.
- Manage a variety of marketing projects and campaigns on behalf of the American Lung Association Marketing and Communication team; Oversee the review, vetting and approval process for marketing content on behalf of the brand.
- Manage relationships with field staff and coordinate promotional activities through field offices, as needed, for national grants/partnerships that have local activations.
- Support video and animation production with pre-production support which includes project management, script development, strategy, and staff coordination; production support including coordinating with Video Producer and freelancers; and post-production support which includes routing materials for review and approval, adherence to brand standards, dissemination tactics and more.
- Develop and execute communications and marketing plans and tactics; Identify key audiences; develop objectives and key performance indicators through owned, earned and paid media tactics, working closely alongside the digital marketing team; develop and disseminate marketing collateral materials; assemble reporting and metrics as needed by campaign; develop and track campaign timelines.
- Write marketing content which may include, but is not limited to blog posts, e-mail and web content, social media posts, and radio PSAs; Oversee approval process of materials prior to go-to-market.
- Develop marketing collateral content and work with graphic design staff to finalize marketing assets, which can include fliers, one-pagers, rack cards, brochures, infographics, social media images, web banners, e-signatures, print ads and more.
- Serve as national staff contact for the design team.
- Work with marketing staff on ad-hoc promotional activities, provide guidance and expertise on advertising strategies, video and photo assets and scripts.
- Manage the development and distribution of printed and electronic program materials
- Help manage media partnerships.
- Attend weekly meetings and track all projects in order to keep supervisor informed of current workload.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required.
- Three to five years of experience in executing marketing activities and creating marketing collateral and digital assets.
- Outstanding project management skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong PowerPoint skills. Design skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motived, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to drive change and manage performance in a cross-functional environment. Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, along with the ability to influence individuals to move projects forward.
- Should possess a passion for great work in a team environment.
- Ability to work individually or on a team. Strong, analytical and problem-solving skills with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Keen understanding of current marketing trends.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V