Part-Time Coordinator, Health Promotions (HP #1920-82)
State: New York
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Part-time Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will work with the Senior Manager, Health Promotions, Asthma Management in Schools on the statewide to local work plan deliverables as part of mission-based activities. This includes but is not limited to, program implementation and evaluation, logistical support, and communications. This is a grant funded through the NYS DOH Asthma Control Program contract.
- Work with Senior Manager on Asthma Management in Schools programs initiatives including program implementation and evaluation; as part of the NYS DOH Asthma Control Program contract.
- Work with Senior Manager on evaluation activities, including collecting, entering, and reporting of data.
- Assist Senior Manager with management of statewide communications, including social media, website, email lists and newsletters.
- Assist Senior Manager and work with designated statewide, regional and local strategic partners, to ensure continuity of asthma programming and process, including other NYS DOH Regional Asthma Contractors/ partners/ organizations working to expand comprehensive asthma control services.
- Represent school initiatives at targeted districts/ schools/SBHCs/ community events and meetings as designated by the Senior Manager.
- Provide logistical support for asthma training workshops, meetings, and events.
- Assist in developing/writing education materials.
- Conduct community education/ facilitator trainings presentations as needed.
- Organize, track, and order educational/ program/ office supplies as requested.
- Manage purchasing and preparation of materials used for education programs and trainings as designated by the Senior Manager.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health education or public health related field
- Minimum of two years of public health, health education experience or related field
- Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C), Respiratory Therapist (RRT), Registered Nurse license (RN) or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or ability to work toward certification a plus.
- Possess the ability to think strategically and execute detailed plans to completion
- Possesses excellent facilitation and/or presentation skills
- Must be self-directed and independent worker and at the same time be a supportive and contributing member of the team environment to effectively represent the ALA and Asthma Management in Schools program
- Commitment to the mission of the American Lung Association, specifically asthma and tobacco control.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance. Provide personal transportation to attend meetings and functions through assigned geographic area as needed (approximately 30% of time). Have the ability to work nights and weekends with some out of town travel required.
- Possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, data and constituent management systems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to details.
- Physical environment is moderately paced and requires sitting or standing for sustained periods of time, ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. and fingering associated with typical office tasks such as typing.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.