Manager, Health Promotions (RC #1920-95)
State: New York
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing, implementing and evaluating lung health programs throughout Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates Counties in New York State as well as the Advancing Tobacco Free Communities Grant for the Tobacco Free Action Coalition of the Finger Lakes. This is a grant-funded position.
- Oversee implementation of the Advancing Tobacco Free Communities Grant (TACFL - Tobacco Free Action Coalition of the Finger Lakes)
- Supervise staff funded in the assigned territories: Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates Counties in New York State. Monitor and approve expenses.
- Work with finance to approve monthly invoices and vouchers.
- Work with New York State Bureau of Tobacco Control finance to manage grant expenditures.
- Assure all deliverables are met.
- Implement deliverables for the TACFL grant.
- Manage Freedom From Smoking (FFS) in Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates Counties and meet annual targets.
- Participate in and support all area events.
- Serve on ALA’s regional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the association and funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the American Lung Association’s (ALA) data base, monthly management reports, grant reports and program metrics reports.
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the ALA’s mission.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across the Finger Lakes Region including ALA signature programs where applicable.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field.
- Three years of experience in public health, community relations, public policy, or related field.
- Experience in coalition building, developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- May be required to travel statewide for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required by assigned grants.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.