Manager, Health Promotions (NYC #1920-73)
City: New York
State: New York
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to manage, implement and evaluate lung health programs throughout assigned territory as well as managing the New York State Asthma Program grant, Asthma Coalition of New York City to accomplish work plan deliverables. Responsible for leadership, design, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of evidence-based strategies and workplans to full grant deliverables as part of mission-based activities. This includes leading/ overseeing the efforts to engage statewide strategic partners, staff, and subcontractors contributing to initiative deliverables the identified service area. This grant is funded through the New York State Department of Health Asthma Control Program.
- Manage New York State Asthma Program grant, Asthma Coalition of New York City including:
- Fulfill deliverables by establishing work plan projects that address the needs of the high-risk population addressing all Chronic Care Model component areas.
- Develop and manage program budgets, work plan activities, and related contract administration requirements as part of the New York State Department of Health deliverables-based contract.
- Provide direction and guidance for the coalition.
- Develop relationships with officials from the New York State Department of Health, health agencies, schools, insurers, tobacco coalition partners, and other community leaders.
- Recruit, train and supervise other health education staff, contractors and volunteers; including health communications, sustainability efforts and partner/ subcontractor recruitment.
- Lead, organize, and maintain accountability for partnership (s) and subcontractor(s) contributions to initiative deliverables.
- Manage the American Lung Association/ New York State Department of Health evaluation activities
- Ensure program quality, performance and effectiveness including the oversight of all performance measures/ data collection activities and reporting requirements.
- Manage coalition communications, including web-site content, newsletters, press releases, emails, mailings, and events.
- Maintain a database of coalition members.
- Promote and strategize with coalition partners, new mechanisms/approaches to reduce the burden of asthma.
- Facilitate Strategic Planning for the coalition as directed by the grant.
- Coordinate quarterly coalition meetings to communicate progress of coalition plan including work of committees and projects sponsored by the coalition and to provide education on asthma best practices and updates on treatment.
- Present program outcomes and disseminate surveillance/ evaluation findings at statewide and national meetings as needed.
- Participate in and support all area events.
- Serve on American Lung Association's regional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the association and funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the American Lung Association's data base, monthly management reports, grant reports and program metrics reports.
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the American Lung Association's mission and grant deliverables.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across New York, including American Lung Association signature programs where applicable.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in public health or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in public health, community relations, public policy, or related field.
- Experience in coalition building, developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Must be an Asthma Educator-Certified (AE-C) or willing to obtain this certification within 1 year.
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Required to travel statewide for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required by assigned grants.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.