National Specialist, Digital Content (CHI #1920-59)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Specialist, Digital Content to join our incredible team in the Chicago Office. Working as a member of the Digital Marketing Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to serve as a liaison between the communications team, digital staff and subject matter experts to manage content updates and improvements to Lung Association websites, ensuring content adheres to digital best practices and brand guidelines. The specialist will manage content requests through the ticketing system and will provide CMS support for national and regional staff. The Specialist will be responsible for the workflow for editing and posting shared story submissions to the website. The Specialist will review and publish blog posts, monitor blog comments and write digital content as assigned.
- Publish web content to web properties via a CMS platform in a timely fashion.
- Ensure web content adheres to writing style guide, brand guidelines and digital content strategy when publishing.
- Provide digital content and CMS guidance and support to both the field and American Lung Association National Office.
- Manage web content requests from the field and National Office, answer questions, provide digital context/requirements and update project status.
- Publish top stories, press releases, news and other ticket requests from national staff and the field.
- Manage content updates from regional offices.
- Manage LUNG FORCE Hero (and other) shared story workflows: editing, posting and notification.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to write and edit digital content as needed.
- Publish blog posts and monitor and manage blog comments.
- Execute Lung.org and LUNG FORCE homepage updates according to content calendar; work with marketing staff to coordinate approved images and copy.
- Assist with QA for web content, including signature online reports and newly developed features
- Maintain working knowledge of digital trends and best practices.
- Assist with other online tasks and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required
- One to three years of related work experience
- Strong demonstrated comprehension of digital channels including web, email, mobile and social
- Experience writing for the web
- Team player with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Solid understanding and applied experience using a CMS platform; Convio/Blackbaud and/or Kentico preferred
- Applied knowledge of HTML
- Positive attitude in delivering a high volume/high urgency work
- Ability to think holistically and across various digital channels
- Fantastic collaborative communication skills are essential
- Exceptional organizational skills are required
- Ability to handle a variety of projects on tight deadlines is a must
- Proficiency working with Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver, preferred
- Experience using Google Analytics to track performance and conversions; report on and analyze results a plus
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smokefree workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.