National Manager, Healthcare & Research Marketing (CHI #1819-145)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Manager, Healthcare & Research Marketing to join our incredible team in Chicago, IL. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing marketing and communications plans and deliverables for the American Lung Association's Research Program and outreach to the healthcare industry to successfully promote our programs for medical professionals, researchers and donors. Along with the planning and coordination of our annual research publication, promotion of research awards, and medical tradeshow outreach, the ideal candidate would also be able to tackle copywriting for a medical audience as well as translating that information to a layperson.
- Execute marketing and communications tactics for the American Lung Association research program and healthcare industry outreach, managing timelines, deliverables and content.
- Project manage Advancing Research, the American Lung Association's donor publication, including the coordination of story development, writing, design, reviews and approvals, and printing schedule.
- Develop and maintain a yearly marketing communications calendar for the research program, manage bi-weekly update calls and provide regular reports on campaign/communication plan progress.
- Contribute to the planning and strategy for outreach to professional audiences.
- Oversee American Lung Association presence at health industry trade shows, including the development of marketing collateral and signage.
- Develop and execute communications and marketing plans. Identify key audiences; develop objectives and key performance indicators; owned, earned and paid media tactics. Develop and disseminate marketing collateral material. Develop project timelines and budget (if applicable).
- Write content for a professional medical audience, as well as translating that same information for the average consumer. Content may include blog posts, e-mail and web content, and more.
- Develop marketing collateral content and work with graphic design staff to finalize marketing assets, which can include flyers, brochures, infographics, social media images, web banners, print ads and more.
- Aid in the development and promotion of staff trainings and webinars on the research program.
- Work with marketing staff on ad-hoc promotional activities, provide guidance and expertise on advertising strategies, video and photo assets and scripts.
- Manage the development and distribution of printed and electronic program materials, as needed.
- Bachelors' Degree in marketing, communications or related field required.
- Five to seven years of experience in leading marketing activities. Healthcare or medical content creation experience preferable.
- Experience managing a large number of projects and programs. Data reporting, analysis and translation of data into visual presentation.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong PowerPoint skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motived, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to drive change and manage performance in a cross-functional environment. Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, along with the ability to influence individuals to move projects forward.
- Ability to work individually or on a team with limited direct supervision. Strong, analytical and problem-solving skills with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Keen understanding of current marketing trends within the healthcare industry.
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V