National Director, Social Media (CHI #1819-111)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Director, Social Media to join our incredible team in Chicago, IL. Working as a member of the Marketing and Communications, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for strategic direction of national organic social media initiatives and divisional/regional paid social media, demonstrating how social media can drive desired results. As organization’s resident social media expert, the National Director, Social Media is expected to collaborate closely with other departments to successfully communicate the work of the organization to the general public. Ensure comprehensive approach to substantial audience growth and generate results utilizing multi-channel integration and ongoing social media strategy refinement.
- Develop and implement social media best practices and a content optimization strategy designed to give greatest lift to the organization’s goals, including significant audience growth and ongoing engagement.
- Partner cross-functionally within the organization to design effective social media strategies and compelling content creation that results in optimized reach, audience growth and mission awareness.
- Collaborate with Digital Team to maintain and update nationwide Social Media Business Rules & Guidelines to advise organizational staff, volunteers and board members on social media best practices.
- Serve as member on organization’s Digital Leadership Team to be a strategic advisor to all staff on social media and social media advertising as well as multi-channel integration.
- Advise regional and field staff on brand content consistency and copywriting for social channels.
- Partner with National Director, Digital Marketing and Engagement on paid social media campaigns.
- Lead the Nationwide Social Media Workgroup; communicate planned campaigns, content strategies, & delivery estimates. Distribute campaign assets.
- Educate local staff about social media advertising campaigns and provide insights regarding best practices, evolving trends, campaign performance. Work with various stakeholders to understand their needs and make strategic recommendations on how best to meet their organizational goals.
- Collaborate with regional contacts and Digital team to standardize social media performance metrics for regional social media profiles, ensuring consistency with national social media performance and reporting.
- Contribute to concept development and execution of online, integrated, and interactive campaigns that cultivate relationships with online constituents and strengthen relationships with online donors.
- Coordinate processes, schedules, campaigns and messaging as they relate to strategic imperatives of the organization and Marketing/Communications efforts of the national office across all national digital channels.
- Collaborate with Digital and Development teams to implement tactics for online constituent housefile growth and donor renewal and acquisition.
- Track audience growth and fluctuations for various social profiles and make ongoing recommendations for replicating tactics, consolidating profiles and providing knowledge share for success.
- Provide suggestions to address complex problems using excellent analytical, diplomatic, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- Analyze current in-market digital marketing campaigns and provide real-time optimization recommendations. Apply learnings from past campaign performance.
- As required, work with identified consultants to manage special projects and on-going campaigns.
- Demonstrate expert-level understanding of social media management and social media advertising, including: best practices, performance reports, industry benchmarks and evolving technology trends. Provide guidance when needed to other staff at the national office and nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing or related degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5–7 years’ professional experience within digital communications field, and at least 3 years in organic social media and paid social media advertising campaign management.
- Proven track record with development of social media campaigns and paid social media.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and creating digital content, applying principals of social media, and a working knowledge of online giving trends and technologies.
- Effective lead generation experience, including list segmentation and audience targeting.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions. An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action and detailed-oriented with effective follow up. Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of online social networks and social media trends. Skilled with social media advertising, insights and reporting. Skilled with social media management platforms such as Sprout Social. Proficiency in MS Office; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V