National Director, Digital Advertising (CHI #1819-158)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Director, Digital Advertising to join our incredible team in the Chicago office. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be an integral part of our organization’s digital transformation! Responsible for strategic direction of nationwide paid and donated digital advertising through all digital channels including web search, display, video and social media. Collaborate with Digital team and key stakeholders to ensure timely digital advertising campaign development, performance tracking and ongoing strategic refinement. Collaborate closely with other departments to help educate staff about the value of digital advertising and systemize our nationwide program. Leverage digital advertising to raise awareness of our mission grow our online community by increasing participation at athletic and programmatic events nationwide.
- Develop and implement digital advertising best practices and optimization strategies designed to give greatest lift to the organization’s goals, including significant audience growth and ongoing engagement.
- Partner cross-functionally within the organization to design effective digital advertising strategies that directly correlate with measurable impact and results.
- Collaborate with Digital team and key stakeholders to coordinate and maintain processes, schedules, campaigns and messaging as they relate to strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Collaborate with Digital and Development teams to implement tactics for online constituent housefile/database growth and donor renewal and acquisition.
- Partner with National Director, Social Media on timing and collateral of paid social media campaigns.
- Maintain and utilize various advertising platforms for a multi-channel approach to digital advertising, including: Google Ads (search, display & YouTube), Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Educate local staff about digital advertising campaigns and provide insights regarding best practices, evolving trends and campaign performance.
- Interface with staff from various Departments and work with various stakeholders to understand their needs and make strategic recommendations on how best to meet their organizational goals.
- Contribute to concept development and execution of online, integrated, and interactive campaigns that cultivate relationships with online constituents and strengthen relationships with online donors.
- Analyze current in-market digital advertising campaigns and provide real-time optimization recommendations. Apply learnings from past campaign performance to improve overall performance.
- Maintain and optimize Google Tag Manager (GTM) to provide the most up-to-date tracking for all digital advertising campaigns to measure accurate performance.
- Provide performance reports on campaign level as well as overall performance of the digital advertising program to cross-functional team members and key stakeholders.
- Provide suggestions to address complex problems using excellent analytical, diplomatic, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- As required, work with identified consultants, agencies or third-party contractors to manage a multitude of digital advertising projects and on-going campaigns.
- Demonstrate expert-level understanding of digital advertising, including: best practices, performance reports, industry benchmarks and evolving technology trends. Provide guidance when needed to other staff at the national office and nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing or related degree required; experience in various, integrated areas of digital a plus.
- Minimum of 5–7 years’ professional experience within digital communications field, and at least 3 years in digital advertising campaign management.
- Proven track record developing, deploying and optimizing paid digital advertising campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and creating digital content, applying principals of paid digital advertising campaigns, and a working knowledge of online giving trends and technologies.
- Effective lead generation experience, including list segmentation and audience targeting.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions. An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action and detailed-oriented with effective follow up. Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency and current knowledge of digital advertising platforms and management tools, including web and social advertising.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (GA) and Google Tag Manager (GTM); maintain yearly Google Analytics, Google Ads and Google Tag Manger certifications.
- Proficiency in MS Office; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and automation platforms a plus.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V