Divisional Manager, Social Media (W.D. #1819-150)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Divisional Manager, Social Media (Western Division) to join our incredible team in Chicago. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with the national digital staff and local mission and development staff to create and implement social media for local markets. The manager will develop and schedule social content for local social media accounts following current trends and best practices and working with design staff. Additionally, the manager will provide guidance and recommendations for local staff to fulfill the needs of promoting and featuring local activities. The manager will develop performance tracking systems and have applied knowledge of creating engaging social content and strategies for audience growth.
- Ensure local social media accounts are utilized and featuring current, engaging content.
- Grow social media following by 15-25% (or more!) annually on the local accounts assigned.
- Develop and implement creative ideas to promote local mission programs and events.
- Collaborate with national digital team, other social media managers and local staff to create a workflow of information sharing.
- Work proactively with local markets to plan social media for upcoming events, programs and activities.
- Execute content in timely manner based on social media calendars.
- Apply strategic approach to social media to optimize engagement.
- Use data to showcase results, identify areas of improvement and help drive strategy.
- Assist with copy-editing of local and divisional social media messages.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a fun and collaborative disposition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing or equivalent experience required
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Strong demonstrated comprehension of social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Experience writing for different social media platforms resulting in high engagement rates
- Creative concepts for digital design and motion graphics
- Team player with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Solid understanding and applied experience using social media schedulers
- Ability to think holistically and across various digital channels
- Fantastic collaborative communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to handle a variety of projects on tight deadlines
- Experience adhering to style guides and best practices for social media
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smokefree work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V