National Manager, Social Media (IL #2122-32)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Manager, Social Media to join our incredible team. Working as a member of the Digital Marketing team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to help manage social media initiatives for the National office. Collaborate closely with other departments to successfully communicate the work of the organization to the general public through social channels. Ensure comprehensive approach to social media audience growth and generate results utilizing multi-channel integration and ongoing social media strategy refinement. Develop and execute timely delivery of social media posts and track performance. Engage with online constituents via social media.
- Craft and schedule social media messages to a variety of social media channels for the national office.
- Manage social media timing and priorities with various departments at the national office in accordance with web, email and marketing production schedules.
- Provide insight and feedback to stakeholders regarding social media best practices, including content, tracking URLs, social share functionality and image specifications.
- Incorporate custom social sharing functionality within national email marketing messages.
- Advise regional and field staff on brand content consistency and copywriting for social channels.
- Track and report performance related to social media efforts, noting trends, successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Engage and communicate directly with constituents via social media by answering questions, providing customer service and promoting resources.
- Develop a strong social media presence by building relationships with constituents and other organizations through various social media channels.
- Maintain working knowledge of developing social media trends and technologies; incorporate new and evolving practices into the social media strategy.
- Track audience growth and fluctuations for various social profiles and make ongoing recommendations for replicating tactics, consolidating profiles and providing knowledge share for success.
- Work with other social media staff to provide strategic guidance, tutorials and best practices to field and national staff.
- Provide suggested social media posts and best practices to executive level staff.
- Manage localized stories submitted by field for national email marketing messages.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing or related degree required; experience in various, integrated areas of digital a plus.
- Minimum of 3–5 years’ professional experience within digital communications field, and at least 3 years in organic social media campaign management.
- Proven track record with development of social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and creating digital content, applying principals of social media, and a working knowledge of online giving trends and technologies.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions. An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action and detailed-oriented with effective follow up. Highly organized and able to manage priorities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of online social networks and social media trends. Skilled with social media insights and reporting. Experience with social media management platforms such as Sprout Social. Proficiency in MS Office; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V