Intern, Health Promotions (ID #1819-09)
The American Lung Association has two great opportunities for two - Intern, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in our Boise office. Working alongside members of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will assist the American Lung Association Health Promotion staff to execute programming and outreach activities to gain experience in the field of Health Education.
This is a great opportunity for you to enhance your organization, multi-tasking and communications skills. As an intern, you can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following communication activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of the American Lung Association
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by completing lung health education and specialized computer applications.
- Participate in staff meetings and learning opportunities.
- Assist with general administrative support for asthma and tobacco prevention education to gain exposure to specific terminology.
- Assist in the office outreach efforts to encourage schools to offer lung health programming.
- Assist in compiling program data.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to execute asthma and tobacco prevention education programs.
- Gain a basic understanding of asthma and tobacco prevention education.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing Excel and Outlook for program delivery, as well as online training platforms.
- Learn about team building and collaborating with staff.
- Learn how to develop communications for targeted program outreach.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 9 hours per week (flexible hours).
You must be eligible for course credit. This internship will be starting in the Spring Semester 2019 (January until May).
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Non-Profit Management, public relations/marketing, or related field
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in special events, fundraising, or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
Please e-mail you cover letter and resume to (include EXACT title in subject of email):
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V