Specialist, Health Promotions (OH #1819-95)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Midland States Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotions and Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating lung health programs throughout Ohio as well as implement a LUNG FORCE Expo in greater Cleveland area.
- Work with the director to develop, implement and evaluate signature and core programs throughout Ohio.
- Facilitate a lung disease education conference to serve health professionals and lung disease patients.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth, including signature ALA programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, etc. and serve as lead for these activities.
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association.
- Contribute to required progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Research and implement best practices for signature programs within priority populations.
- Collaborate with director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Provide outreach, programmatic, fund development support for office events, LUNG FORCE Walk, Conference, and other related activities.
- Actively participate in coalitions.
- Participate in and support all community related programs.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Prior experience in public health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Required to travel periodically for meetings and conferences.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V