Commission Officer (Contractor Position)
City: Camp Hill
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Commission Officer to work alongside members in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Working as a member Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will work as a subcontractor under the Northeast Tobacco Control grant through the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania, reporting to the Specialist, Health Promotions - Tobacco Enforcement. The Commissioned Officer will conduct retailer compliance checks with an identified youth in accordance with FDA regulations that are established by American Lung Association and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The officer will complete checks at all assigned stores in an efficient and timely manner, recruit youth to assist in completion of these checks, record data for all assigned retail checks, communicate with the Tobacco Enforcement Program Specialist regarding completion status of checks, and ensure goals and objectives outlined in the grant are achieved. The officer will also attend all trainings necessary for Commissioned Officers and youth. For all store checks, officers must ensure required paperwork and reporting is completed and submitted to the Specialist, Health Promotions - Tobacco Enforcement Program Specialist. We are currently seeking commissioned officers that are willing to cover the following counties: Carbon, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming counties. This is a grant funded position.
The specific hours to be worked by Contractor shall be determined by Contractor in consultation with the Client.
Base Pay: $20.00/hour
- Conduct retailer compliance checks with a trained minor in accordance with the protocol established by the Client and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Map compliance checks in a designated geographic region that maximizes time efficiency.
- Accurately record needed information at all stops
- Verify information on retail store list and note any changes or corrections
- Return all completed retail store forms to the Client.
- Complete all required trainings to become a Commissioned Officer
- Complete a minimum of 10 FDA inspections per month.
- Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be able to manage time and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Extensive travel is required to complete store checks.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all staff and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
To apply send cover letter and resume (Please list the counties that you are willing to serve in your cover letter, include job title in subject of email):
Derek Leshak: Specialist, Health Promotions
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.