Manager, Lung Health (HD #1920-101)
City: Houston or Dallas
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Lung Health to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing, implementing and evaluating lung health education and quality improvement programs (COPD) in multiple Texas markets that align with grant deliverables. Build partnerships and collaborations to promote the Enhancing Care for Texans with COPD through academic networks, clinic and hospital systems, community-based service organizations, and local, state, and national platforms. This is a grant funded position.
- Serve on the multi-state Special Projects, Lung Health Team; communicate regularly with supervisor.
- Develop collaborative relationships with primary care clinics to engage in COPD-related quality improvement activities.
- Provide lung health trainings to health care professionals.
- Manage multi-market professional education courses, presentations and trainings.
- Execute lung health screening in the community through collaborative partnerships and referral resources; track and report results of lung health screenings and referrals.
- Coordinate with project contractors to provide screening materials and collect reporting measures.
- Manage data collection utilizing project-specific tracking tools and assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to organizational leadership and project funder(s).
- Maintain productive lines of communication with project funder(s) through participation in project update conference calls, in-person meetings, and sponsored community-based events.
- Actively market ALA programs, initiatives, and professional education offerings through broadcast, radio, print advertising and multiple social media (SM) channels; serve as SM point of contact for program and manage analytics for distribution and reach reporting.
- Integrates existing American Lung Association initiatives and Signature Programs into project and community outreach activities.
- Serve as point of contact for community outreach coordinators and interns; assist with outreach activity logistics to support project deliverables and reporting.
- Support Development, Advocacy, and Research initiatives of the American Lung Association.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Community Health Education, Health Communication, or related field.
- Alternatively, Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community Health Education, Health Communication, or related field required with a minimum of four years of experience in project management and health education programming, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience in coalition building, strategic partnerships, developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Superb organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be proficient in Social Media communications.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to travel statewide for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required by assigned grants.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Nassawadox, VA | Mar 26, 2020 Better Breather Club | Riverside Tappahannock Hospital
Tappahannock, VA | Mar 26, 2020