Manager, Health Promotions (CA #2021-05)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the California Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to manage, implement and evaluate lung health programs throughout California markets with concentration on health education and health promotion interventions to reduce tobacco use as specified by grant funder. Manage grant deliverables, grant finances, and submit timely reports to the funder. Work in collaboration with other grant implementers to ensure maximum results. This is a grant-funded position.
- Oversee implementation of North Valley Regional Rural Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Disparities.
- Supervise and collaborate with team members in multiple offices.
- Monitor and approve expenses.
- Work with finance to approve monthly invoices.
- Complete required progress and financial reports and manage relationship with funder.
- Assure all deliverables are met.
- Implement deliverables for North Valley Regional Rural Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Disparities.
- Actively source additional funding sources and write proposals as necessary.
- Participate in and support all area events.
- Serve on ALA's regional and national workgroups and committees as requested.
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the association and funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the American Lung Association's (ALA) data base, monthly management reports, grant reports and program metrics reports.
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the ALA's mission.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across Alaska, including ALA signature programs where applicable.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree required in public health, non-profit management, or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in public health, community relations, public policy, or related field.
- Experience in coalition building, developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Required to travel statewide for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required by assigned grants.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V