Manager, Health Promotions (MN #1920-63)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing grant deliverables focused on providing technical assistance for local grantees working on tobacco control policy, systems and environmental change across Minnesota. This is a grant funded position.
- Coordinate all aspects of grant project activities in NE Minnesota, including trainings, presentations, and coordination with partners to ensure that deliverables are being met.
- Lead the preparation of monthly and quarterly grant reports
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and grant contract work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Adhere to ALA’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate reporting of grant deliverables and activities; complete key grant reports, including in-kind, quarterly reports, and Grants Correspondence.
- Implement policy and systems change based on CDC Best Practices, in regard to tobacco control.
- Grassroots development and coalition building; represent ALA on local coalitions and committees.
- Identify partnership and grant funding opportunities with other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across Minnesota, including signature ALA programs where applicable.
- Meet assigned all grant deliverables and quarterly objectives, and actively participate in coalitions identified in the Minnesota Program of Work.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in public health, community relations, public policy, or related field.
- Experience in coalition building, developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Experience in the management, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Required to travel within the 7-county region of NE MN for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from commercial tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V