PT Manager, Estate & Trust Administration (WI #2122-13)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a PT Manager, Estate & Trust Administration to join our incredible team. Working as a member of the Development team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, the manager will support the National Director, Estate & Trust Administration in the receipt and processing of estate and trust notifications through the entire process from notification to stewardship of received funds. Primary responsibilities include managing estate and trust correspondence and communication, keeping the CRM database current with any additions/changes to estate and trust records, and managing select estate settlements.
- Docket all incoming new estate, trust, and all other legacy documents upon receipt.
- Scan and upload all incoming, new and existing, estate and trust correspondence, documents, and account statements to internal CRM database.
- Reconcile distributions with database and finance ledgers prior to deposit.
- Manage all estate and trust receipts including coding and requisite backup documentation for bank deposit and Finance.
- Prepare documents for authorized signature and secure signatures, including notarization as required.
- Prepare and mail acknowledgements and basic estate correspondence for estate and trust distributions and upload into in the CRM database.
- Load all scanned financial account statements for perpetual, term for years, and life beneficiary trusts to CRM database and central internal drive shared with Finance.
- In conjunction with the Director of Estate and Trust Administration, contact PRs and Executors for estates that have expected distributions that have not been received as anticipated.
- Execute stewardship plans for open estates and trusts.
- Download monthly all estate settlement correspondence, documents, account statements, etc. received from Breathe affiliate offices regarding shared estates to CRM database.
- Develop and maintain an estate settlement professionals’ roster with contact information including emails; prepare and send mass cultivation touches.
- Review all closed estate and trust files for chronological arrangement and retention status; develop and maintain an electronic library of existing closed estate and trust files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; completion of paralegal studies required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a practicing paralegal, with a preference for those working in the area of estate and trust law.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V