Associate, Health Promotions (PA #2021-52)
City: Camp Hill
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for an Associate, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Mid-Atlantic region. Working as a Health Promotion & Education Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you are responsible for supporting the implementation and evaluation of lung health programs supported by the Tobacco Control Grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control throughout Northeast, Northcentral, and Southcentral Pennsylvania. Assist National Tobacco Team with activities as assigned. This position is grant-funded.
- Assist the project manager to coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, etc. and serve as a support for these activities.
- Effectively use timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Review, audit, and submit community service provider monthly invoices through the regional tobacco grants.
- Research and develop outreach list for tobacco control programming implementation within assigned areas.
- Actively participate in and take meeting minutes for the Regional Pennsylvania Tobacco-Free Coalitions; participate in and support community related programs.
- Coordinate local mail processing, purchasing of office supplies for Pennsylvania tobacco control staff, and shipping of materials to program staff and community partners.
- Serve on regional and national Association workgroups and committees as requested; participate in and support all area events.
- Provide administrative support to the National tobacco team, including triage internal and external partner inquiries; provide relevant resources for dissemination to identified lead for follow-up; and ensure that all aspects of signature program implementation guidance documents and resources remain current and accurate.
- Provide support for annual report, awards, grants, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- One to two years of solid administrative experience with ability to handle a variety of inquiries with timeliness and accuracy.
- Experience working in public health or related field preferred, including coalition building and community health development.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALA.
- Project implementation skills to research, develop, and assist in executing program deliverables.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V