Coordinator, Health Promotions (AR #2122-60)
Little Rock, AR
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Southeast Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion and Education team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to coordinate, implement, and evaluate lung health programs throughout Arkansas as well as coordinate and implement the Arkansas Tobacco Education Initiative Grant from the Arkansas Department of Health. This position is grant-funded.
- Coordinate grant projects activities, including planning and implementing community engagement activities, executing evidence-based tobacco control activities and interventions, and providing skill building training for coalition members to interact with community partners, organizations, and decision makers.
- Implement American Lung Association’s programs as outlined in the Arkansas Tobacco Education Initiative workplan, which may include INDEPTH, N-O-T, Freedom From Smoking, Better Breathers Clubs, Cessation Navigator Training, etc.
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the Association and funding sources, including but not limited to weekly updates in the Association’s database, weekly staff reports, and program metrics reports; assist supervisor in submitting invoices and developing grant reports.
- Build, maintain, and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across Arkansas, including Association signature programs.
- Represent the Association as a member of community, civic, and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the Association’s mission and the Arkansas Tobacco Education Initiative
- Serve on Association regional and national workgroups and committees as requested; participate in and support all area events.
- Assisting in the development of relationships with major media outlets in Arkansas and serve as the resource for information related to program activities; work with regional communication staff to develop social media campaigns and update social media sites and grant webpage.
- Select and participate in local, state, and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Assist in planning and implementing conferences and webinars.
- Assist in facilitating virtual trainings.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.